This website has been archived and will no longer be updated. For the new and improved version of Designing Digital Assignments, please visit our new site.
Are you thinking of adding a digital element to an assignment or project? Technology can enhance or hinder learning so this site provides strategies to help save yourself and your students frustration.
- Describe the characteristics of a digital assignment based on principles of learning.
- Identify various types of digital assignments that are linked to a specific learning outcome.
- Create an outline and strategy for a digital assignment that is linked to a specific outcome in one of your subjects.
F2F workshop agenda:
- Definition and why digital?
- Break into pairs and evaluate an assignment with design issues.
- Overview of design tips and template.
- Overview of ideas for digital assignments.
- Break into pairs and compare different types of digital assignments (short video vs. long video vs. website).
- Use the design template to design a new digital assignment or convert an existing non-digital, text-based assignment.
Images in banner:
- student with video camera – School of Communication, American University
- student at computer – Microsoft Office Imagery