Are you thinking of adding a digital element to an assignment or project? Technology can enhance or hinder learning so this site provides strategies to help save yourself and your students frustration.
- Describe the characteristics of a digital assignment based on principles of learning.
- Identify various types of digital assignments that are linked to a specific learning outcome.
- Create an outline and strategy for a digital assignment that is linked to a specific outcome in one of your subjects.
F2F workshop agenda:
- Definition and why digital? – 15 mins
- Break into pairs and evaluate an assignment with design issues. (LO 1) – 15 mins
- Overview of design tips and template. (LO 1) -15 mins
- Overview of ideas for digital assignments.
- Break into pairs and compare different types of digital assignments (short video vs. long video vs. website). (LO 2) – 15 mins
- Use the design template to design a new digital assignment or convert an existing non-digital, text-based assignment. (LO 3) – 30 mins
Images in banner:
- student with video camera – School of Communication, American University
- student at computer – Microsoft Office Imagery